If you want your home get noticed, then one of the best ways to do that is to use stucco as a siding. There is a lot that you should know about this material, along with why it is used and what it is made up of. There are plenty of benefits and advantages that you get when you choose this material, including the fact that you can pick from a wide variety of colors.
What is Stucco?
You might be thinking what stucco is? This is a coating for walls that are similar to the commonly known plaster and it is most often used while covering the construction frame on the outside of a home. However, it can also be used inside the home as well as a treatment for the walls. If you are using it for the exterior, then there are 4 layers that are applied which are the base or dash, the scratch coating, the brown coating and the final finishing coat. There are some new methods and materials that don’t require all of those steps, but instead
only 1 or 2 coats. You should also know what it is made up of, which includes:
- Polymers for increased flexibility
- Fiber for greater strength
- Fine builders grade sand
- Hydrated lime
- Portland cement
If you are considering using this material for your home, then you should always make sure that you know what it is made of.
What is Lavorist.com?It’s an online catalog of home decor and furniture.
If you need new chandelier or maybe a couch, you can start here!
There are plenty of advantages that you get when you use stucco for your home, which are as follows:
- Durability – The stucco is fire resistant, termite infestation resistant, mold and rot resistant. This means that this material can last for a long time in your home and sometimes up to even 100 years.
- Sound resistant – This material is a good buffer from the sound that might come into the home from outside. This is something to seriously consider if your house is right on a busy street which can be extremely noisy.
- Sustainability – The best part is that all of the materials can be purchased from any sustainable and local sources.
- Retains the color – Stucco will not interfere with the paints and colors of the walls thus you need not to worry about that aspect. Texture – It also has a great texture, which can give your house a seamless and unique look based on the texture as well as the color that you choose.
- Heat efficient – Also, depending on where you live it is extremely heat efficient. You can monitor and easily adjust the heat levels in your home when you use this material no matter where you live.
- Design – Another thing that you should think about when it comes to applying the stucco is that you would be able to carve designs and other shapes into the wet material. This would make the exterior or interior of your home unique and elegant.
It is important that you always know the benefits of any material that you are thinking about using in your home.
There is plenty that you should know about using stucco in your home, but you should also know what it is made of. If you are looking for a material that is strong and that won’t require constant maintenance, then this is the ideal material since the color and texture won’t fade for many years to come. Also, if you live in an area where it is extremely hot, then this is the best option to help maintain the right temperature in your home.
This is guest post by Anna Wrench, a knowledgeable and qualified blogger.